Lisa has dealt with matters in all levels of courts in Alberta and has extensive experience with alternative dispute resolutions and mediations. Lisa is an experienced negotiator who helps clients reach resolutions to difficult situations. She has studied effective communication for alternative dispute resolutions and she finds being openminded and flexible in her approach helps her to find new and creative solutions for her clients in a timely manner.
Lisa’s broad experience includes professional liability claims, sporting accidents, liquor liability, construction claims, and fire losses. Lisa also conducts independent workplace investigations. Lisa’s years of litigation experience assist her in assessing credibility and focusing on critical issues during her investigations. Lisa provides an investigation process which is impartial, confidential, fair, and legally defensible. Paramount to her investigations is a commitment to due process and ensuring results that are comprehensive, effective, and actionable. She has conducted investigations and workplace assessments for large scale institutional clients.
Lisa is an active supporter in her community. She is a past co-chair of the United Jewish Appeal campaign and a current Board Member for the Jewish Federation of Edmonton, the past Treasurer for Snow Valley Racing and a past board member for Camp BB-Riback.
Lisa is a recreational show jumper and is a member of Equine Canada and the Alberta Equestrian Federation.
- University of Alberta, Faculty of Law, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- J.D. – 1991
- University of Alberta
- B.A. – 1987
- Major: Recreation Administration
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Edmonton Bar Association (Civil Litigation and Insurance Law Sections)
- Member, International Association of Workplace Investigators
- Member, ADR Institute of Alberta
Areas of Practice
- Arbitration and Mediation
- Commercial, Contractual and General Litigation
- Harassment Investigations, Ethics and Privacy
- Workplace Investigations, Culture Assessments, and Ethics Policy Frameworks