Away from work, Omolara is actively involved in her community and volunteers for various professional and charitable organizations. She has taught numerous classes as a sessional instructor at the University of Alberta and she chairs the Legislative Review Committee of the Canadian Bar Association, Alberta Branch.
Omolara engages with programs which bridge social strata gaps and help fill the needs of people with limited access to amenities. She is currently a member of the Board of Boys & Girls Club Big Brothers Big Sisters of Edmonton & Area. Omolara is a volunteer with Habitat for Humanity, the Edmonton Community Legal Centre and Pro Bono Law Alberta. As a previous member of the Board of Directors of EWS Ltd. in charge of Edmonton women shelters, as well as the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Cabinet, Omolara continues to support causes she believes in such as inclusion and diversity in every space as well as access to justice.
- University of Alberta, Canada – 2004
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Nigeria – 2001
- The Nigerian Law School, Nigeria – 1999
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Nigeria – 1998
- University of Ilorin, Nigeria – 1989
- B.A (Combined Hons) English & Linguistics
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Nigerian Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association