He has a wide range of experience, including mergers and acquisitions, contracts, employment law, risk management, occupational health and safety, supply-chain management and corporate governance.
Mike’s focus and strength is to help clients identify and understand the legal issue and to resolve it, within the context of the business matter at hand.Mike is client focused and strives to get to know clients personally and to understand how their business operates, so that he can provide useful legal advice.
Mike has been very active in youth sports, including baseball and hockey. He was a head coach for 10 years and held various executive positions with the Knights of Columbus Hockey Program, including President.
Mike likes to stay active, including boating, adult hockey and as a very mediocre golfer.
- University of Alberta, Faculty of Law, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada – 1991
- University of Alberta
- Bachelor of Commerce Degree – 1987
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
Areas of Practice
- Corporate Commercial
- Agribusiness and Forestry
- Data Protection, Cybersecurity And Privacy
- Energy And Energy Distribution
- Intellectual Property Protection And Licensing
- Life Sciences and Healthcare
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Procurement, Leasing And Commercial Contracts
- Technology And Information Technology
- Venture Technology, Start-ups And Emerging Companies