Craig’s experience ranges from advising entrepreneurial startups to complex transactions valued in excess of $30 billion. Regardless of the size of the client or the transaction, Craig is dedicated to providing helpful and responsive legal support. He acts as virtual in-house counsel meeting a wide range of legal and business needs.
Working as part of Kingsgate’s integrated and collaborative corporate commercial team, Craig assists clients on M&A and investment transactions throughout the life cycle of the business, from the early formative stages through the sale of business. Craig negotiates and drafts agreements related to: intellectual property and technology development, transfer and licensing; information technology; communications; software, software as a service (SaaS) and cloud offerings; health care and nutraceuticals; and construction and infrastructure projects.
Craig has been repeatedly recommended by legal industry publications since 2011: Best Lawyers – IT Law and Technology Law; the Lexpert Directory – Computer & IT Law and Technology Transactions; and IAM Patent 1000 The World’s Leading Patent Practitioners – Licensing. Craig regularly speaks on topics such as cloud computing, cybersecurity, privacy, antispam, procurement, construction, IP and licensing.
Craig is director, secretary and legal counsel for the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra and the Francis Winspear Centre for Music and a director for the Dogs with Wings Assistance Dog Society. Craig is also an active supporter of the local startup community and supports other local charities and non-profit organizations. He continues to be politically active at the federal and provincial levels. Craig is a tireless booster of the Edmonton area and its sports teams, and can be found enjoying Edmonton’s River Valley dog parks, golf courses, tennis courts, ski trails and cycling paths.
- Harvard Law School, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Honors: Certificate in Negotiations and Advanced Negotiations, Harvard Law School Certificate
- University of Alberta
- Honors: Gold Medalist – Political Science
- Honors: Silver Medalist – Law
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Member, Law Society of Alberta,
- Member, State Bar of California, Member
- Member, Past Director, VP West, formerly IT.Can, Canadian Information Technology Law Association of Canada,
Areas of Practice
- Corporate Commercial
- Agribusiness and Forestry
- Data Protection, Cybersecurity And Privacy
- Energy And Energy Distribution
- Intellectual Property Protection And Licensing
- Life Sciences and Healthcare
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Procurement, Leasing And Commercial Contracts
- Technology And Information Technology
- Venture Technology, Start-ups And Emerging Companies